The Container Owners Association was established in November 2004 as an international organisation representing the common interests of all owners of freight containers. The principle aims of the COA are to provide global expertise, to promote common standards and to facilitate international lobbying.
Current Projects and Working Groups
The COA has a number of active Projects and Working Groups. These presently include:
- A Reefer Technical Forum to share information about the recent reefer unit problems
- Development of a recommended Code of Practice for the manufacture and operation of Flexitanks
- Management of the Cargo Incident Notification System (CINS) project permitting shipping lines to share information about cargo incidents and accidents
- Publication of an Annual Report on Alternative Flooring Systems
- Publication of an Annual Report on Alternative Paint Systems
- Endorsement and Promotion of the Common Interchange Criteria (CIC) as the global off-hire interchange standard for dry freight containers
- Opportunity for COA Members to participate and benefit from the IICL’s Audit Progam of Plywood Floor Factories
- Access to information and technical bulletins published by ICHCA International
Meetings and Seminars
The COA organises a number of Meetings and Seminars each year.
Visit the COA events page for further information about COA events.
Vice President, Global Operations
Head of Cargo Management
COA Board Members
Senior Manager, Equipment & Depots
Director of Operations - North and Central America
Florens Container Services
Facilities and Equipment Engineering
Chief Operating Officer
Head, Global Equipment M&R